This delicious and healthy sandwich which is sure to be a hit is courtesy of Dr Joanna McMillan.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Poached chicken
- Yoghurt dill dressing
- 2 slices Whole grain bread
- Few leaves Baby spinach
- 6 slices Cucumber
- 2 slices Beetroot
- Make a fresh stock using a whole chicken and then shred the poached chicken meat to use in salads and sandwiches through the week. Refer to recipe 'Poached chicken for sandwiches'.
- Mix a tbsp of natural yoghurt with a tsp of finely chopped dill, a squeeze of lemon and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread one slice of bread with hummus. Top with spinach, sliced beetroot, finely sliced cucumber, shredded poached chicken and drizzle with the yoghurt dill dressing.
- Finish with another slice of bread. Cut diagonally in half and enjoy! Serve with a generous helping of salad.