- Makes 1
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A very easy polenta dish packed with flavour.
Ingredients (makes 1 Bake)
- 1 1/2 litres Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Fresh marjoram, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 2/3 cups Polenta
- 1 1/2 cups Grated cheddar cheese
- Combine stock, all herbs, garlic and salt in heavy large saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Gradually sprinkle in polenta, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until polenta is thick and creamy and begins to pull away from sides of pan, whisking often for about 25 minutes.
- Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Extra garlic may be added to suit taste. You can also use various herbs. Great on its own or even as a side dish.