A recipe my daughter gave me & is most tasty.
Ingredients (makes 12 Gyozas)
- 3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Wombok finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger minced
- 250 grams Minced pork
- 1 Egg white
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 packet Wonton wrappers
- Pinch or 2 of Salt for seasoning
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce for dipping
- In a large bowl combine spring onions, wombok, ginger & pork. Mix well with a fork & season with salt. Add egg white to bind mixture together.
- Place a spoonful of meat mixture on top of a wonton wrapper. Wet edge of wrapper with fingertips, make pleats on one side, fold over and seal closed. Continue with remaining meat.
- In a large skillet heat oil. Brown dumplings in oil on one side. When bottoms are brown and crispy, add water. Cover pan and steam over medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes, until dumplings are cooked through. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
Grated carrot can be added if desired.