- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Prawn and Mango Salad with fresh Avocado! Nothing says Spring and Summer more than this salad!
This Prawn and Mango Salad is filled with the juiciest ingredients and then dressed with a really interesting combination of ingredients.
We love that Author of Summer Table, Jodie Blight was thinking all things Summer when she created this recipe. Here’s what she shared when she submitted this recipe:
“Summer is my favourite time of the year. The incredible lime green of the leaves, the warm sun high in the sky, the birds singing in the trees – ahhh life is good.
But then the serenity is always broken by those three chilling words: “What’s for dinner?” Eeeek every night!
Coming up with interesting, quick and healthy recipes for dinner every night is enough to send even the best cook into the depths of despair. But with this Prawn and Mango Salad, that’s one night when everyone will be lining up for seconds and thanking you for dinner.
This Prawn and Mango Salad with Avocado recipe is easy to make and very tasty … it’s from my easy summer recipes book Summer TABLE.“
A note from the MoM CookClub Team:
We’re so in love with this recipe that we couldn’t bear the thought of reserving it just for the warmer months. We’re very lucky in Australia that pretty much anytime of the year the prawns are awesome. Just be sure to always go for fresh, not frozen, prawns when you put this Prawn and Mango Salad together.
Fresh Mango (our favourites are always Calypso Mangoes for the fact that they are easy to peel and have a lovely firm flesh even when very ripe) will prove more tricky in the cooler weather so our suggestion is to switch out for some slivers of orange or even fig. Or if your Prawn and Mango Salad just won’t be the same without mango, defrost some frozen mango cheeks and pat dry with paper towel before slicing to add to the salad.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- In a large bowl or on a platter, arrange lettuce, mango, onion, prawns and avocado.
- To make the dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. Pour over salad, and sprinkle with coriander leaves and chilli.