- Serves 3
- Makes 10 rolls approx
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A great gluten free lunch box recipe that everyone will love.
Ingredients (serves 3 | makes 10 rolls approx )
- 1 handful Frozen Prawns
- 1 teaspoon Chopped garlic (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy if you are not gluten intollarant)
- 1/2 Capsium (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (sliced into thin batons)
- 1/2 Avocado (thinly sliced)
- small handfull Spinach leaves
- 1/2 packet Rice noodles (cooked)
- 1 Spring Onion (thinly sliced)
- 10 Rice paper roll sheets
- Olive oil spray
- sweet chilli sauce (for serving)
- Defrost the prawns (you can do this in the microwave) and then chop up into small pieces. Spray a pan with olive oil and add the garlic. Throw in the prawns and heat through until cooked adding the tamari or soy sauce. Remove from pan and cool.
- In a frying pan put about an inch of boiling water and place the first rice paper roll sheet into the hot water and leave for about 5 seconds. Carefully remove from the pan (don't burn your fingers), lay on the counter.
- With your fingers add a small amount of the rice noodles, a couple of the carrot batons, capsicum, a couple of spinach leaves, avocado, a spoonful of the prawn mix and a sprinkle of spring onion (to your taste). Wrap the the roll according to the packaging. Be careful not to stuff too full otherwise it may split.
- Continue until all ingredients are finished. It should make about 10 rolls. Serve with sweet chilli sauce or tamari sauce.
I make these regularly for the kids lunch boxes. Prawns can be replaced with chicken or tofu. You can also add or take away any ingredients you make in the fridge for example you could pop in some corn, add some coriander, iceburg lettuce etc.