Colourful marbled rainbow cake perfect for kids.
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 2 Cups Self Raising Floor
- 2 cups Ground Sugar
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs ( yolk separated )
- 1/2 table spoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Few drops Liquid Food Color ( Red,Yellow,Green,Blue )
- Add butter in sugar & mix it well so comes in a dough form.
- Beat eggs white even it become so fluffy & didn't fall out if we turn the bowl upside down.
- Now mix sugar & butter mixture into beaten eggs & add eggs yolks too & slowly mix & keep adding self raising floor,salt,baking powder, milk & mix them until it smoothly mixed.
- Now divide all better in 6 small cups & add Colours. for basic colour just add red, yellow,green & blue in four different cups as per required of shades & mix them properly.
- Now add yellow & red in a cup for orange shade Add red & blue for indigo shade Now it's time for layering so spray the oil in round spring baking tin.
- Pour red cake mixture in the centre of the tin & spread all the way round then pour orange mixture just at the centre of the red & give a little tap then pour yellow over the orange then pour green then blue & in the end add indigo & tap the tin so no bubbles left.
- For baking pour 2 cup of water in a pressure cooker put the trivet in the centre of the cooker & place the tin over it & cover the cooker & put on stove for very slow heat for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes release the pressure & then check with a knife by inserting inside the cake to see if its fully cooked & then served chilled.