- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 3/4 Large Butternut Pumpkin (or any pumpkin), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can 4 Bean Mix, drained
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, roughly chopped
- 1.5 litres Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Place all peeled and chopped pumpkin pieces in a bowl and lightly toss in olive oil. Arrange on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven until nicely roasted and cooked through.
- Gently fry the garlic and onion in the olive oil in a large soup or stock pot. Keep the heat moderate so that it doesn't burn.
- Add the sweet potato chunks and beans and stir just for a minute or two.
- Add the chicken stock and then the roast pumpkin. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your stock pot and cook for 30 - 45 minutes until the sweet potato is well cooked.
- Using a hand blender or a food processor blend the soup to a smooth puree. Be very careful with this step as any splashes of the soup will be boiling.