- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
I love pumpkin. It is one of my favourite vegetables and it makes for a great salad ingredient. Combine it with this dressing which is my number one ‘go to’ dressing and you have a salad that can easily be a meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Whole Butternut Pumpkin. Peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Spanish Onion - diced
- Large Handful Baby spinach
- 8 Tablespoons Flax Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Toss the pumpkin in some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius. I like my pumpkin really well done as it caramelises to beautifully so just cook to your preference.
- When building salads I am a creature of habit, I always put the greens first, then onions, then put the yummiest things on the top – ie the pumpkin and the chickpeas.
- Blend all dressing ingredients with a hand held blender. Then toss the salad with the dressing until everything is generously coated.
- You really can throw anything into a salad with this dressing. Really a matter of what you have in the house, or what you are trying to use up.
Recipe Pumpkin and chickpea salad
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.