- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This mildly sweet Pumpkin Bread recipe is sugar free, dairy free, fat free and contains no nuts. Pumpkin and wholemeal flour help make it low GI. The chocolate chips help make it attractive to children.
This loaf can be sliced and frozen up to, 2 months.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Thick slices.)
- 1.5 Cup Pumpkin purée
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Xylitol
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy free Dark Chocolate Chips, for garnish, optional
- 3 Tablespoons Warm Water, optional
- Combine the puréed pumpkin and Xylitol in a large mixing bowl along with the Cinnamon.
- Preheat oven and spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Fold the flour into the pumpkin mixture. The batter will be very thick.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the dark chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes depending on the oven. Check with a skewer inserted to make sure it is cooked.
- Cool before slicing into thick slices for school lunches or morning tea.