- Serves 12
- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Pumpkin Muffins, especially these Pom Pom Pumpkin Muffins are a huge hit in my house.
There are so many hidden vegetables, so even if the kids eat nothing other than the Pumpkin Muffins with a little butter or cream cheese, I know they are getting at least a serve of vegetables.
I like to make a big batch of these Pumpkin Muffins at the start of the week – perfect for lunchboxes and for snacks. Pumpkin Muffins freeze beautifully so you might like to individually wrap each muffin and pop into the freezer so all you need to do for lunches is grab them out and pop into the lunchboxes.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 muffins)
- 2 cups PomPom cauliflower flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 450g butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt flakes
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the pumpkin in a bowl, add the oil, maple syrup and sea salt. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and beginning to caramelise.
- Cook the bacon in a non stick frying pan over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Place the flour, baking powder and parmesan in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the butter, milk and egg and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin, bacon and basil and stir to combine
- Divide equally between 12 x 1/2 cup capacity lightly greased muffin tines. (Top with cherry tomatoes if using). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just golden.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.