This soup is a lovely winter warmer!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1/4 Japanese pumpkin
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion
- 4 Chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup Brown rice
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the potato, pumpkin and onion.
- Put the vegetables in a pot and cover with water. Cook for 1/2 hour on medium heat.
- Crush stock cubes into water and add a cup of rice. Add salt and pepper and cover with lid.
- Boil until the vegetables are soft, then mash.
- Continue to simmer for 1/2 hour. Once soup has thickened it's ready to serve!