- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Quick and easy Nachos that tastes yummy, the whole family will love them.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning (see notes)
- 1 can Ardmona Duo tomato and paste, basil and garlic
- 1 to half a can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained (optional)
- 1 packet original corn chips
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sour cream
- fresh coriander, to serve if you want extra zing.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 of the onion, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned all over. Add seasoning. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in canned tomato and beans. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange corn chips in a 6cm deep, 10-cup capacity round oven proof dish. Spoon over mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted. Top nachos with tomato and remaining onion. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and coriander.
Mexican spice mix: Combine 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Guacamole: Whip up this easy version or buy. If making: Place 2 medium chopped avocados and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a small bowl. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.