- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These apple crumble cupcakes are quick to make and great for kids lunchboxes!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1 Packet butter cake mix (or your own homemade batter)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Grated Apple
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tbls Plain flour
- 1 Tbls Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Extra Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cases.
- Make the cake mix as per the packet directions. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold through the grated apple. Spoon mixture into the muffin tray.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and extra cinnamon and mix well. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Remove from tin and cool.