- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
You cannot fail with this recipe, the pastry is perfect.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 tablsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup s/r flour
- 5 apples stewed
- cinnamon sugar
- Mix butter and sugar, stir in egg and beat well.
- Add sifted flour and combine until a stiff dough.
- press 2/3 of mixture into a pie plate or any dish you have.
- Fill with stewed apples ( just boil the apples with a small amount of water just covering and a little bit of sugar) I also added a little bit of cinnamon sugar onto the stewed apples.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry and place over the top of the apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. bake for 10-15min at 200degC I cooked mine in the Phillips Airfryer so I split the pastry into 2 lots because I used a smaller dish. I also only baked it for roughly 9 min and the result was perfect, pastry cooked on top and bottom. I couldn't believe how quick it was and baked it at 180 deg for 6min then turned it to 170deg for the rest of the time. The pastry turned out perfect.
- Serve with icecream or cream