A quick and easy economical and family friendly recipe!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 7 Sausages
- Bunch Heirloom (coloured) carrots
- 4 Sticks celery
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 cup Rice
- Place sausages in a saucepan filled with water and boil on stovetop for approx 20 mins or until skins have begun to loosen, water has boiled and sausages have begun cooking. Drain cooked sausages and set aside to cool.
- Finely dice onion and cook in a large saucepan/pot (can be same saucepan, cleaned) in 2 tbsp olive oil, until translucent. Dice carrot and celery to same size. Add to saucepan when onion is cooked through and stir well. Leave cooking for about 5-10 mins to allow veg to begin to soften. Stir periodically.
- Remove skins from boiled sausages and discard. Chop sausages and add to saucepan once veg are beginning to cook. Add curry powder and water and cook on a medium heat for approximately 30 mins. In this time, the sauce should thicken but if you find it too watery, mix 1 tbsp cornflour with hot water and pour over sausages, stir through well and continue cooking.
- Prepare rice separately and when curried sausages and veg are ready and the sauce has thickened, serve atop the rice.