- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A delightful sweet slice. The raspberry combined with the custard gives it a beautiful taste.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 Slice pieces)
- 4 cups SR Flour
- 4 tablespoons Margarine
- 3 tsps Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Custard powder
- 2 litres Milk
- 2 tsps Sugar
- 1 pkt Raspberry jelly
- 300 gms Icing sugar
- 5 pinches Cinnamon sugar
Notes... Another recipe I just put together. You can add coconut to the icing sugar and pastry if want to vary. Replace the raspberry jelly with rubarb and gelatine powder. It's very sweet so you don't need a lot. Can use as a dessert or just a snack. The jelly helps the custard to set.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- PASTRY Mix SR Flour and margarine together with fingers until it resembles fine crumbs. Add a little cold water to form into a pastry. Knead pastry until smooth and light.
- Spray two large roasting pans with canola oil. Roll out two large sheets of pastry to fit into roasting trays. Bake on 150 degrees until pastry light golden brown. Take out and allow to cool.
- Mix custard powder with a little of the milk until resembles a smooth paste. Warm remaining milk with sugar do not boil. Add custard paste and stir until thickens. Add jelly crystals to custard and stir.
- Place raspberry custard into roasting pan on top of one of the pastries. Turn other pastry upside down and place on top of custard.
- Mix icing sugar with a small amount of margarine to make mock cream. Spread mock cream onto top of pastry. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over icing sugar. Cover and set overnight in fridge. Slice into cubes.
Recipe Raspberry custard slice
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.