A lower fat and healthy raspberry oat and white chocolate loaf recipe from “Symply too good to be true” book 6 that you can enjoy as a breakfast treat or with a large mug of tea in the afternoon!
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ½ cup apple sauce (in jar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup white choc bits
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Beat egg whites with sugar for 1 minute in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add bicarb soda to apple sauce (it will froth) then add to bowl.
- Add essence, white chocolate, oats and milk and mix together well.
- Sift flour into bowl in one go, then gently fold until flour has blended into mix.
- DO NOT BEAT, as this will make the loaf tough.
- Now gently fold raspberries into mix and pour into a large loaf tin that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to touch in centre.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
Replace frozen raspberries with any frozen fruit of your choice.
Suitable to be frozen.
648 (cals 155)