- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I cook it in the morning, and leave it during the day for the flavours to meld. As long as there is zuccini and canned tomato you can use any veggies. Sometimes I add bacon – cook with the onions. Great with steak and mashed potato. left overs can also be mixed through pasta for lunch the next day.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 Zuccini - diced
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms - sliced
- 1/2 Cup Capiscum any or all colours sliced into strips
- 1 small Onion diced
- dried herbs - mixed herbs or basil or thyme or rosemary
- Olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- pinches sugar salt pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add dried herbs and a pinch of salt.
- Start with the onion - cook for a couple of minutes, add other veggies one by one. Add zuccini last.
- Pour in canned tomato - there should be enough liquid, but add a little water if needed. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add pepper and a pich of white sugar.