Light and healthy. A great alternative for a sweet treat.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup fresh pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, Chopped very fine
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews , soaked in cold water for a few hours
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon or lime , juiced
- raspberries to decorate
- Blend dates, walnuts,rosemary and salt together until finely chopped.
- Divide mixture evenly between 6 x 1/4 cup glasses. Chill
- To make filling ... drain cashews and blend with all ingredients ( except berries) Until smooth and creamy
- Pour mixture ,divided evenly over bases. Chill
- Decorate with raspberries ( slightly crushed ) and sprigs of rosemary
Although you have to think ahead to soak the cashews this is a quick and easy dessert for the health conscious out there. It can be decorated with any fruit. The rosemary is a strange but delightful addition!