Quick and Easy Dessert
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3/4 cup medium-grain rice
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1/4 tspn Salt
- 1 CUP Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Ground nutmeg sprinkled on top
- Place the milk, rice and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the sugar and vanilla. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Boil for a further 2 minutes or until the rice is soft and the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the rice evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve immediately.