- Serves 4
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This rice and tofu dish is a simple vegetarian dish that is full of flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups Cooked rice of any kind (jasmine, brown, red, wild)
- 120g smoked tofu cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 4 asparagus cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 2 TBSP light soy sauce
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or a wok over medium high heat. Add onion and carrot, saute until soft. Add tofu and continue to stir fry till they are brown at the edges.
- Add broccoli and asparagus, stir frequently for another minute. Add rice and break up the lumps, mix well with tofu and vegetables.
- Add light soy sauce and stir quickly to combine. (You may like to use 2 big wooden spoons to do the mixing, I find easier than using one) Turn off heat, drizzle with sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Smoke tofu is getting popular for its nutty and firm texture that's easily passed as meat substitute. A perfect recipe for a low-salt requirement.