This rice and tofu dish is a simple vegetarian dish that is full of flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups Cooked rice of any kind (jasmine, brown, red, wild)
- 120g smoked tofu cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 4 asparagus cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 2 TBSP light soy sauce
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or a wok over medium high heat. Add onion and carrot, saute until soft. Add tofu and continue to stir fry till they are brown at the edges.
- Add broccoli and asparagus, stir frequently for another minute. Add rice and break up the lumps, mix well with tofu and vegetables.
- Add light soy sauce and stir quickly to combine. (You may like to use 2 big wooden spoons to do the mixing, I find easier than using one) Turn off heat, drizzle with sesame oil. Serve immediately.