An easy breakfast recipe that feels indulgent but is actually packed with goodness. These sweet topped muffins are a great alternative to pancakes too!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese (firm)
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Frozen mixed berries
- 1 whole English muffin (cut in halves)
- 2 tsp Honey
- Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Add frozen berries and 2 tsp water. Leave it to cook for 10 minutes or until reduced to a sauce, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt and ricotta in a bowl to a smooth consistency.
- When berry sauce is finished cooking, toast the muffin (you want them quite well roasted so they can hold up to the wet toppings). Mash the berries with a fork until they are the consistency you want.
- When muffin has finished toasting, top it with the ricotta yogurt mix then pour over the berry sauce. Drizzle honey on top and serve.