This roast cauliflower soup is a winner! This is a light and flavorsome twist on the traditional dish, and given cauliflowers’ multiple health benefits, it is wonderfully nutritious.
As well as aiding in digestive functioning, cauliflower has powerful antioxidant and liver cleansing properties, reducing the risk of cancers and other diseases and making it an excellent addition to any diet. Add tumeric to this and soup make it a one pot anti-inflammatory wonder!!!
Makes: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 head Cauliflower, fresh, raw
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Tumeric, chopped roughly
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 1 can Coconut milk
- Break cauliflower head into small pieces and toss in coconut oil.
- Roast in oven at 180 until slightly brown. About 20 minutes
- In your favorite serving soup pot, add stock, roast cauliflower, and tumeric. Liquid should equal the height of the cauliflower, if not add some additional stock. Bring to boil and let simmer for 15. Add coconut milk. Use a blending stick to blend to the consistency you desire. Top with tamari seeds or yogurt and herbs. Note: if you heat coconut milk too high it will separate.
Cook Once, Eat Twice
Warm up your thermos, toss in 1/2 can of chickpeas, add your leftover soup, tighten lid and enjoy for lunch.
- Wheat Free
- Dairy Free
- Low Sugar
Get your FREE – Low Sugar Lifestyle download here : http://ahealthyview.com.au/low-sugar-lifestyle