- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
This is a very mildly flavored salad as I like to let the natural oils and flavours of the fish and avocado feature. The parsley and celery give a lovely freshness, while the sweet potato balances with sweetness.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup Organic brown rice
- 1/2 cup Red Quinoa
- 1 meduim Sweet potato diced
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 1 Red onion
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 2 sticks Celery
- 1 tbl spoon Wholegrain mustard
- 1 Fillet hot smoked salmon
- 1 Avocado
- Prepare rice and Quinoa as directed, rinse under cold water and set aside once cooked
- Dice sweet potato, pumpkin and red onion into roughly 1.5cm cubes, season with salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake in a moderate oven until cooked, adding onion pieces after 10 minutes
- Finely slice parsley and celery and mix through rice and quinoa with the wholegrain mustard, shred salmon and mix in gently.
- Once your vegetables are baked mix them through the salad and finally add diced avocado
My kids love this salad, I usually serve it with homemade Cajun wedges and it also makes an interesting and popular lunch box salad. We have a little smoker and do our own fish and meats but most supermarkets have smoked salmon! a little goes a long way too!