- Serves 2
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A really beautiful Bruschetta that has many uses. An easy but delicious dinner for one, a great starter for a dinner party, a treat for when friends are over or just because.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Bulb Fennel - Stalks removed, bulb halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in chunky inch thick pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (For the Fennel)
- 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar (For the Fennel)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Peeled and Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Large Handful Basil - roughly torn
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- A few slices Bread of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread fennel onto baking tray with baking paper. Rub olive oil on the fennel enough to coat then sprinkle with balsamic vinegar
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes, or until fennel is cooked through and beginning to brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool and then roughly chop
- Grill or toast your favourite bread in the oven
- Combine roasted fennel, diced tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well. Serve atop your freshly warmed bread.
Fennel, for some reason, was a vegetable that I avoided. For no particular reason that I was not sure what it tasted like or what to do with. It is a recent discovery and I absolutely love it. A great addition to crispy summery salads and absolutely heavenly on this Bruschetta.