- Serves 10
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This rum cake with custard is a beautiful warm dessert, great for winter.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 525g Butter cake mix
- 1 Packet Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1/2 Cup x 2 Cold water
- 1/2 Cup x 2 Rum
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and flour a bundt cake tin.
- Place cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup of rum and 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts in the tin and pour in cake mix and bake for 1 hour.
- Whilst cake is cooking make a glaze by melting butter in a saucepan, once melted add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and boil for 5 mins. Take off the heat and stir in the 1/2 cup rum.
- Once the cake is cooled prick with a fork and pour the glaze over the cake and let it absorb for approx 30 mins. Serve with warm custard.