Full of Omega 3 goodness.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 can Sardines
- 1 Small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 12 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 slices Toast
- Crush sardines with a little oil, add onions & mix together, make sure it's fairly finely crushed.
- Make sweetened vinegar by combining vinegar, sugar & salt & pepper to taste.
- Leave covered in fridge for around 30 minutes to let vinegar go through it properly.
- Add enough vinegar mix until you find taste to your liking & mix with sardines. The mix shouldn't be too runny.
- Top on toast & enjoy.
There will be enough sweetened vinegar left over which can be kept in fridge & used for sandwiches or as a sweet dressing for salads. I did not include resting time for vinegar in fridge. Any vinegar will do however, I prefer white.