- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This recipe may not 'look' really great, but really does taste amazing! I was really surprised as how easy and quick it was to whip up and my kids and husband just loved it! A really warming and filling dinner and ticked all the boxes in my family. This recipe can be easily adapted to suit your family needs for example vegetarian.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 stalks Celery
- 2 chopped carrots
- 400g can tin tomatoes
- 500g sausages (your chosen flavour)
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- Optional Green Beans and other veg.
- sprinkle salt, pepper and dried or fresh parsley
- 1 sliced Onion
- half sliced leek
- Using a large stock pot, add oil and brown sausages. Take out and chop into thick chunks. Add more oil if needed and add the vegies, and sauté for 4-5 mins.
- Once soft, add the sausages, tin tomatoes, chicken stock, rice and seasoning and mix well. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer with lid on and leave for 10 minutes, remembering to stir once in a while.
- Take off the heat and set aside for 15min to allow the rice to still cook. Serve up with some crusty garlic bread or extra vegies if desired.