- Serves 4
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This sautéed green bean and cherry tomato side dish is a healthy addition to the dinner table. The addition of balsamic vinegar makes this side outstanding.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 400-500 grams Green beans
- 250 grams Cherry tomatoes (halved if you like)
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- A sprinkling of slivered almonds if you like
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp of oil and cook beans on medium/high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook beans for 3-6 minutes depending on how you like them.
- Push beans to one side, add 1 tsp of oil and garlic and heat for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, stir everything together and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes start to breakdown.
- Remove from heat, stir in balsamic vinegar and almonds if desired.
My youngest dislikes cooked tomatoes so I only cook them for a quick minute and she doesn't even notice!