- Makes 1
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This recipe is so easy and the taste is so amazing. I have cooked a smaller portion just as a side dish for one or two in the airfryer. Sometimes you may need to use more potatoes but you will work this out if you run short. We used to make this in the charcoal chicken shop and I have been cooking it for years now.
Ingredients (makes 1 large baking tray)
- 8 Rashes of bacon
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 2 tubs of cream
- 1 tbs Vegeta
- 8 large potatoes
- olive oil
- pinch pepper
- 1 pkt tasty cheese or any other cheese you like
- Peel and slice potatoes, you don't want the too thick or to thin.
- Cook bacon and onion and add 1 teaspoon of garlic with about a tbsp of olive oil set aside
- In a jug pour in cream add vegeta and the other teaspoon of garlic
- Add a layer of sliced potato in baking tray, sprinkle with cheese, sprinkle with bacon and onion mix then pour part cream making sure you pour it over all potato. Repeat step 1 If you have more room in the tray you can repeat again. Cover with foil Bake until potato is soft, you can test this with a fork Remove foil then back for another 15 minutes. Serve as a side dish with dinner.