- Makes 16
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Scallops with Pineapple and Chilli Salsa Recipe is just so delicious! And at only 1 SmartPoints value per serve, it’s the perfect choice for those looking for light and tasty meals.
Ingredients (makes 16 Scallops)
- 250g fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ green shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chipped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 16 scallops, without roe
- Arrange 16 Chinese soup spoons on a serving platter. Combine pineapple, cucumber, shallot, chilli, chopped coriander, juice and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Season salsa with pepper (see tip).
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the scallops and cook for 30 seconds each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to spoons. Repeat with remaining oil and scallops.
- Serve scallops topped with pineapple salsa and whole coriander leaves
You will need about ¼ medium pineapple for this recipe. You can make the salsa up to 4 hours ahead. Store, covered, in the fridge. Stir through coriander and shallots just before serving.