Oh, what fun you’ll create for the kids this Halloween with this super easy (and yet so yummy) Scary Spaghetti Bolognese recipe. Happy Halloween!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Scary Sketti Bol Bowls)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Breast Mince
- 1 Medium Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 400mL Passata or Tomato based Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock (or Water)
- 1/2 sleeve Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 6 small Babybel Cheese Rounds (or you could use rounds of mozarella)
- 1/4 Pitted Black Olives
- 1/4 cup Fresh Herbs (optional)
- Pinch Salt & Pepper (optional)
- Add olive oil and a pinch of salt to a non-stick frying pan and bring to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and gently fry until softened.
- Bring the heat to high and add the Ingham's Turkey Breast Mince and the herbs. Stir until well cooked.
- Add the passata or tomato pasta sauce and the chicken stock and then simmer until the sauce is nicely thick.
- While the pasta sauce is simmering, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Arrange spaghetti on plates, top with pasta sauce and then use the Babybel cheese or mozarella rounds and black olives to create some scary faces!