- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
- 500 gm pork sausages, skin removed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 cups cornflakes
- 10 eggs
- Place 6 of the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Plunge eggs into a bowl of iced water and set aside.
- Crack the remaining 2 eggs into a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and lightly whisk with a fork to break them up; set aside. Place the flour in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Place the cornflakes in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process into fine crumbs (you should have about 1 cup). Alternatively, place the cornflakes in a resealable plastic bag, press out the air, and seal the bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the cornflakes into uniform fine crumbs. Place the crumbs in a second shallow dish; set aside.
- Form sausage mince into 8 patties
- Peel eggs and place an egg in each mince patty, enclosing the egg inside the mince.
- Place flour in a bowl next to bowl of crushed beaten eggs, and the bowl of crushed cornflakes. Then dip each meat wrapped egg in flour, then egg and roll in crumbs.
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees. Half-fill a deep-fryer or a large pan with oil and heat to 190°C. Fry the eggs, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Place eggs on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked through.