This self saucing chocolate pudding is an easy go to recipe for dinner parties or nights in.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (makes 1 dish or 6 ramekins)
- 1 Cup Self raising flour
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 80gm butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 Cups boiling water
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease an oven tray or ramekins with butter. Sift the self-raising flour and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg. Combine the egg with the milk and the butter. Slowly add this to the dry flour mix. Whisk until smooth. Pour or spoon into baking dish/ramekins.
- MAKING THE SAUCE: Combine 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of sifted cocoa powder in a bowl. Sprinkle this on the pudding. Slowly over the back of a spoon pour the boiling water onto the cocoa powder and sprinkle the sugar.
- Put the dish or ramekins on a tray and into the oven. Cooking time varies depending on the size of the dish. In a dish - bake for roughly 35 mins In ramekins - roughly 20 minutes The pudding will bounce back when pressed gently on the center if they are ready.
- Serve while hot with cream and berries or ice cream.