- Serves 2
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
These sesame and shallot egg pots make a wonderful meal. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 125g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (60g) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (see tip)
- 2 eggs
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 x 35g slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Add enough water to a saucepan or wok so the level is just under the steamer basket and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir through half the sesame seeds.
- Divide mushroom mixture between two 2⁄3-cup (160ml) capacity ramekins. Carefully break an egg into each ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a steamer basket. Steam, covered, over simmering water (ensuring basket is not touching water) for 6–8 minutes or until eggs are opaque and just cooked through (steam for a little longer if you prefer a firm yolk).
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and shallot and serve with toast.
To toast sesame seeds, toss seeds in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat until golden. 5 ProPoints value per serve.