These sesame prawn skewers are perfect for a light lunch. The fruity mango salad is a delicious accompaniment and we love the crunch from the peanuts.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 36 Green king prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup seasame seeds
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- sliced green onion to serve
- Place the prawns in a large bowl, add the soy sauce, toss to coat then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Drain prawns from marinade and thread onto skewers. Spray with a little cooking oil spray.
- Place the sesame seeds on a large plate. Liberally coat each skewers in the sesame seeds.
- Heat a little oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium low heat. Cook the skewers in batches, turning once gently until golden and cooked through.
- While the prawn skewers are cooking, combine the chopped mango with the peanuts, herbs, rice wine vinegar and two tablespoons water.
- Serve the skewers sprinkled with extra sesame seeds, along with asian mango salad and rice or noodles. Garnish with green onion.