- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
These Simple Nutella Puff Pastry Croissants are very easy to whip these up for when people are coming over or you need to take a plate to something. They are always first to go when I make them!
Ingredients (makes 12 small croissants)
- 3 sheets Puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup Grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Icing sugar for presentation
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 even squares
- In the middle of each square, place a heaped teaspoon of Nutella and smooth out slightly, making sure not to go to close to the edges, you need it to stay in the centre. Add a sprinkling of the grated chocolate over the Nutella.
- Fold each one diagonally in halves to create a triangle shape, then starting from the flat edges at the bottom, fold over a couple of times towards the tip of the triangle until you have folded just over the tip.
- Carefully fold the two side parts down and around to curl under almost creating a circle, but not quite.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and brush with the egg. Bake in a pre heated 180 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove and cool before dusting with icing sugar
These are best eaten on the day made, but can be stored in an air tight container for 3-4 days