- Serves 2
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
My daughter is a super fussy eater and gets very tired of eating sandwiches so I am always on the lookout for a different addition for her lunches (so at least she will eat something). I have tried to get a bit fancy with these by adding Vietnamese herbs or sauces to my taste but she only likes the simple flavours. She loves these and often asks for them so when we have chicken I like to freeze little portions of it so I can always make these for her when she wants them.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/4 cup shredded cooked BBQ chicken (or left over from a roast)
- 2 thin carrot sticks
- 2 thin cucumber strips
- 10g rice stick noodles
- 1 small lettuce leaf
- 2 rice paper rounds
Notes... Of course you could use any types of salads or meats to your children's tastes
- Cook the rice stick noodle for about 3-5 mins or until cooked then cool.
- Dip the rice paper rounds in very hot water to soften.
- Place the rice paper round (which is still hard) on a clean tea towel then add a half the shredded chicken, on carrot stick, one cucumber stick, half the rice noodles and half the lettuce on the bottom half of the rice paper round. (while doing this the rice paper round will soften so you can roll it)
- Fold over the bottom of the rice paper round then fold over the left and right 'flaps' then continue rolling tightly until all encased.
- This makes two rice paper rolls which is enough for my 8yo for her lunch with snacks.
Recipe Simple Rice Paper Rolls for the Fussy Eater
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.