- Serves 4
- 8 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A yummy winter classic!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams corned beef (silverside)
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs brown sugar (optional)
- 4 diced potatos
- mixed veg (I used cauliflower, carrot and broccoli)
- 1 pk white sauce (I use the gravox brand, but you can make your own if you wish)
- Prep onion and garlic, rinse meat under cold water and add to slow cooker. Fill to maximum water line.
- Add onion, garlic, whole cloves, peppercorns and sugar.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- In last half hour/20 minutes of cooking time, cook your potato, veg and sauce.
- Remove meat, slice and serve immediately. I like to add the onions from the slow cooker to my white sauce.
We often have a small amount of meat left over which is beautiful on sandwiches the next day for lunch.