Perfect for sliders served with dry slaw or coleslaw or as hot roast rolls.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1.5kg boneless chuck roast piece
- 375ml bottle of smokey BBQ sauce or marinade of your choice
- 400gms crushed peeled tomatoes or tinned tomatoes
- Seasonings to your taste chilli/salt/pepper
- Combine BBQ sauce, tomatoes, seasonings in the bowl of your slow cooker. Season the meat, place in slow cooker turn to coat well.
- Cook on high for 4-5 or low for 6-8 hours - basically until the meat shreds easily.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, shred with two forks, discard any fat or sinew etc . Skim any fat from sauce and return shredded / pulled beef to slow cooker . Cook for 1 more hour. Serve Hot.
- Reduce or thicken the sauce to your liking or to suit how you serve it.