- Serves 4
- 4.5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Beef goulash is so delicious, easy and a great way to get veggies into your meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1.5kg beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup salt reduced beef stock
- 2 red capsicums cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500g cup mushrooms sliced
- 4 serves cooked fettuccine
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 3 - 4 minutes or until browned. Add beef to the show cooker.
- Cut your vegetables (you can use whatever you like) and add to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, add the tomato paste, paprika, beef stock, diced tomatoes and mix until combined. Pour into slow cooker. Give it all a mix so it is combined well.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8hrs). Serve on pasta.