- Serves 5
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I love Slow Cooker Recipes and this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is no exception – it’s such a tasty dish! I served it over brown rice although didn’t find it quite saucy enough for this. Next time, I might try and double the sauce contents so that there is enough sauce to stir through the rice.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Lemon Juice*
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca (I used Corn Flour as I didn't have any)
- 1 1/2 - 2lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs OR bone-in chicken with skin removed
- 1lb frozen broccoli florets**
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and place in the slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and tapioca in a small bowl. Pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice.
*This amount used to be 1/3 cup. After trying it a few different ways I decided that was way too much lemon juice. I changed it to a scant 1 1/2 tablespoons. If you’re unsure on how much lemon juice you’d like to have start with the 1 1/2 tablespoons and if you think it needs more you can always add more at the end of the cooking time. **I added some frozen broccoli florets straight to the slow cooker after the chicken was through cooking. But if I were to make this again I would serve the broccoli on the side. I didn’t necessarily love how the broccoli tasted with the lemon honey sauce.If you like the look of this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe, you might also like to check out some of these other slow cooker recipes: