- Serves 5
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This rustic style slow cooker recipe is a good one for the meat lovers featuring sausages and bacon with big chunks of vegetables.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 10 sausages
- 10 rashers short cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- I large sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 700 ml passata
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- Roughly cut all of the vegetables into large chunks.
- Roughly cut the bacon.
- Place sausages, bacon and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add passata and vegetable stock to the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 hours on slow setting.
- Serve with steamed/boiled brown rice.
This recipe has a tasty tomato sauce and I do serve this meal with crusty bread to soak up the extra sauce. I alternate with different vegetables - choose your favourite vegetables for this recipe. Serve with steamed/boiled brown rice and crusty bread.