- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
An easy version of beef stroganoff – full of flavour and perfect for the slow cooker. I like to top ours with a bit of grated cheese.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1kg Beef (I use diced steak but beef strips work well too)
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 300 mls beef stock
- 250 grams mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 250 mls sour cream
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup of the flour and the 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder. Toss the beef in and coat evenly.
- Place the coated beef into the slow cooker, top with the onion, mushrooms, beef stock and wine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving mix the sour cream with the remaining flour and stir through (this will thicken the sauce and finish the dish).
I do this without the mushrooms and serve on either rice or pasta. Not the most attractive dish but easy to do and lovely to come home to.