- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
I wish everyone could taste this. Cooked in the Phillips Airfryer and the result was so moist.
I only used 1 orange rind when I made it.
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 orange juice
- 2 orange rind grated
- 2 cups s/r flour
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 dessert spoon of butter
- enough orange juice to make a spreading consistency.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add eggs, one at a , beating well between each addition.
- Add in rotation, milk, orange juice, orange rind and flour. Beat well then add water and beat again.
- Place in greased loaf tin or 20 cm round tin, bake in moderate oven until firm when tested.
- I baked this in the Airfryer Set temp to 175deg time 22min so that it used the 2 minutes to heat up then turned it down to 165 for roughly 10 minutes.
You can find the full picture in the Phillips Airfryer reviews. This cake was from a lady who started her recipe book around 1894, sixty years later it was passed on to her daughter then to the daughters daughter in 1990 so it is a very old recipe.