- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
A nice twist on the old spag bol.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Bottle spaghetti bolginaise sauce (i use Dolmio garden vegetables)
- 500g Beef mince meat
- 2 sheets Puff pastry (i found Coles brand the best) 3/4 defrosted
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Tasty cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Brown mince over low-med heat in frypan (you can add onion and mixed herbs here if you like). When mince is cooked add spaghetti sauce and simmer over low heat for about 5 mins then turn heat off and leave aside.
- Lay puff pastry on flat surface and cut into sections. For littlies its best cut into 9. For bigger portions into 4.
- Brush edges of each section of pastry with beaten egg and put a spoonful (1t in small sections, 1T in large sections) and add a small amount of cheese on top of meat then fold the edges of the pastry to make little pillows.
- Put onto baking tray and brush with more beaten egg then put a litte cheese on top and put into oven and cook until golden brown. Can take from 5-15 mins. If bottom of pastry goes soft or gooey then flip the pastry upside down and cook for another 5 mins. Serve on its own or with desired sides (we do with salad or chips)
You can switch out the beef for chicken pieces, add rice or noodles or pasta into the puffs too. You can also add a little cheese slice into the puffs insteaf of grated cheese.