- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
This Spaghetti with tomato sauce recipe is proudly brought to you by Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker as part of the Philips Spring Kitchen.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g Durum Spaghetti
- Pinch Salt
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 30g Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml Red Wine (optional)
- 250ml Sieved Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- In a skillet add some oil. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Add the tomato puree, stock powder and rosemary.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and wine or cooking water.
- Add the sieved tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Cook the pasta for 5 - 6 minutes. Drain and portion onto plates. Add a generous serving of the sauce and sprinkle with basil and cheese.