- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Our family's favourite for an easy to prepare meal. It is very tasty. It has a generous serve of mince so you are actually eating mince with bolognaise sauce through it rather than a bolognaise sauce with some mince in it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 750gms to 1 Kilogram mince
- 1 tabs olive oil
- 2 teas minced garlic
- 1 teas grated ginger
- 1/2 teas five spice powder
- 1 or 2 teas mixed herbs ( I just sprinkle to suit )
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small tin champigons or use sliced button mushrooms (optional )
- 1 400gms diced tinned tomatoes
- 3 heaped teas tomato paste
- 1/3 to 1/2 jar pasta sauce eg red wine and garlic flavour
- 1/3 cup shiraz or other red wine ( optional )
- 100 gms + grated mozzarella cheese to suit taste
- as required linguine pasta
- Heat oil in frypan. Add minced garlic, minced ginger, five spice powder, chopped onion and champigons or mushrooms and cook till onion is soft and golden.
- Add mince and mixed herbs to frypan and stir all ingredients together until mince is cooked. I use a Spatula with sharp edge to finely break up mince.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce and wine to frypan. Mix all ingredients together. Use the spatula to dice and separate and mix all together finely. Cover with frypan lid and simmer until well cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil water on stove and add linguine pasta and cook to your taste. Rinse and drain pasta.
- Serve pasta into a pasta bowl, cover with bolognaise mince and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Enjoy,
Any leftover mince is so keenly contested in our house that I now use up to 1 kilo of mince in the receipe. It is used to make toasted mince sandwiches or homemade mince pies.