A delicious damper that the whole family will love!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 100g butter chilled, chopped into small cubes
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 60g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, for top
- Preheat oven to 200degrees. Place a sheet of baking paper onto a large flat baking tray, set aside.
- Place the self-raising flour and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the feta, parmesan and spinach
- Add the milk and egg to the flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Use your hands to bring the dough together. Knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Shape dough into a 20cm disc and place on the prepared tray. Use a shap knife and score into 8 wedges. Top with extra parmesan
- Bake for 35-40mins or until golden and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Perfect on its own with a smear of butter, or you can enjoy the damper with a hearty stew