Yes you can get your kids to eat spinach!
Your family will love this super tasty, super easy (and yes, super healthy!) recipe. Also great for those pregnant or breastfeeding, packed with important B12 and iron.
2 tsp coconut oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
300g lean beef mince
2 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup stock or water
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
100g baby spinach leaves, washed (for fussy eaters, finely chop leaves)
100g shaved parmesan to garnish
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Add the garlic and carrot and cook for a further minute or two, stirring until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook, stirring well to break up lumps, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stock or water and chopped tomatoes, still well to combine.
- Bring to a light boil then simmer uncovered for about 7 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add the oregano, parsley and spinach and stir until warmed and wilted.
- Serve with wholemeal pasta and garnish with parmesan.